How to get involved
There are many ideas of how you can raise money to address family violence in Tasmania and raise awareness in the process.
- A donation from your workplace. Some workplaces encourage staff to donate money to a charity or will ask staff to choose a charity for the company or businesses to make a donation to. This occasion might coincide with Christmas or another notable annual event.
- If you are a victim-survivor look into our Advocates for Change program.
- Follow Engender Equality on Facebook, Instagram, Linked In and YouTube and ‘like’ or share our content.
- Do your contacts and professional networks know what we do? Refer them to the Engender Equality website: www.engenderequality.org.au.
- Keep some Engender Equality brochures in your car or office and share them when you can.
- Keep us in mind when you encounter training opportunities related to family violence and gender inequality – is there a role for Engender Equality? Purchase an Engender Equality sticker, or make them available for sale at your workplace.
- Host a morning tea, afternoon tea or lunch with proceeds donated to Engender Equality.
- Invite Engender Equality to provide training or a thought-provoking presentation at your workplace, club or community group.
- Add a link to Engender Equality's donation page on your website or social media to endorse and promote Engender Equality.
- Speak up about family violence and look for ways to safely amplify victim-survivor voices, in-person and online.